Magic grout pen

 I have only done a small renovation of my flat and it was not a cheap job. But despite all the money I spent, nothing I did changed my space for so little money as the grout pen, which works exactly as its name implies. I have white underground tiles in my bathroom, and while the tiles are fine, the decade-old cement grout is turning yellow - even "orange" in some places and darkening in others. No amount of bleach or scrubbing would clean it. Re-grouting (i.e. paying someone to do a three-day job) wasn't going to happen, so I opted for a grout pen white in keeping with my decorating style, which was very cheap and could be done very quickly.


I was shocked at how well this worked - when my first tile grout pen ran out of grout 'ink' I bought two more and then three more and my little bathroom looked like it had been refurbished.

This is how it works: make sure the cement grout you are applying is absolutely clean (I used a nail brush and a toothbrush, but you could try a drill brush). Once it's done, you simply colour in the grout as you would with a grout pen - no need to worry about getting it on the tiles, as the wet ink wipes off easily with a paper towel. I only do one small area at a time, colouring and wiping. Did I mention that the grout must be absolutely clean? This is especially important in the shower where any mould will ruin the nib, but the good news is that you can order a replacement nib.

Once it has dried, the grout pen white is of course waterproof for the job. I didn't have to buy any extras to do the touch-ups as these were already propped up.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B9XXPHRQ?ref=myi_title_dp&th=1

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The respirator mask to prevent dust inhalation

Work-friendly wireless headset

Top 9 Best Dog Toys